Content Marketing Strategy 101
Content marketing is not a new concept.
So what is it exactly? HubSpot defines it as a “strategic marketing and business process focused on creating and distributing valuable, relevant, and consistent content to attract and retain a clearly defined audience, and ultimately, to drive profitable customer action.” Content is the message your content marketing strategy delivers and if done correctly, this helps create a relationship with your audience, which leads to trust. Content marketing is really just the art of communicating with your prospects without having to sell to them.
Without content, you have nothing to deliver.
Why should you have a content marketing strategy?
- Build a lasting relationship with your audience.
- Create valuable content that both entertains and educates.
- Identifying your plan will help you create content more easily.
Where should you start?
- As with any marketing project, you should set a SMART goal at the onset. SMART goals are: specific, measurable, attainable, relevant and timely.
- Identify your buyer persona and ideal target audience.
- Do a keyword search. Start your keyword research by brainstorming a list of keywords that you want to rank.
- Find content surrounding your keywords and workshop your own custom content off of topics on the web such as blogs, videos, webinars, etc.
Content marketing can make or break your business so don’t overlook developing a great content marketing strategy!
Need help developing a content marketing strategy for your business? Let TracPoint help!